Comprehensive Business Partnership with MD Anderson
The business partnership between the American Hospital and the MD Anderson Cancer Center at the University of Texas - the best cancer hospital in the United States of America – covers all departments which focus on cancer treatment.
According to highly regarded
magazine, the MD Anderson Cancer Center at the University of Texas has been picked as the best cancer hospital in the U.S. for 2018-2019. The MD Anderson Cancer Center has only three non-U.S. partners one of which is the American Hospital. MD Anderson’s algorithms have been used at the Radiation Oncology Center at the American Hospital since 2010 and have been employed in all departments related to the care of our cancer patients with the “International Associate Membership” agreement signed in 2016.
The following activities are carried out within the scope of comprehensive integration between MD Anderson Cancer Center and the healthcare facilities under the Vehbi Koç Foundation umbrella;
- Science-based and patient-oriented care and treatments that reflect the MD Anderson clinical model
- Prospective multidisciplinary treatment plans that place the patients at the heart of the treatment process
- Condition-specific centers that cover multiple specialty areas
- Continuous share of clinical management, methodology and algorithm initiatives of the MD Anderson Cancer Center with integrated medical and administrative staff from both healthcare organizations
- The use of quality measurement and reporting tools